Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Makes 2½ cups.
- ¼ cup minced ginger
- 2 cups diced peeled pear
- ½ cup apple juice
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup brown rice syrup
- ¼ cup walnut oil or olive oil
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cardamom
- Place the minced ginger in your hand, firmly squeeze it over a small bowl to catch all of the juices of the ginger, it should yield at least 2 tablespoons of juice, and then discard the minced ginger (or use it in another dish).
- Transfer the ginger juice to a blender or food processor, add the remaining ingredients, and process for 1 to 2 minutes or until very smooth and creamy.
- Transfer the vinaigrette to an airtight container and store in the refrigerator.
- Use the vinaigrette on salads, mixed grains, or in place of soy mayonnaise in recipes.