Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
A light-as-air flan with a tang An easy-make dessert for the whole family. Sponge flans keep very well for ages and are ideal to have at home, ready to fill with creamy mixtures like this one.
- 1½ lime jellies
- 350 ml crème fraîche, quark or thick yogurt
- 25 cm flan case
- pint double or whipping cream
- few drops vanilla essence
- juice and grated rind of 1 lime
- caster sugar to taste
- grated chocolate to decorate
- Dissolve 1 jelly in 4 fl oz / 100 ml boiling water, then add 4 fl oz / 100 ml very cold water, and chill.
- Dissolve the ½ jelly separately in ¼ pint / 150 ml hot water and put in a small container to set.
- When the whole jelly is cold, not set whisk until it becomes frothy and light.
- Then whisk in the crème fraîche, quark or yogurt and chill until thickened.
- Whisk again briefly and spoon into the flan case, on a serving plate.
- Flatten the top and chill for 5 – 10 minutes.
- Whip the cream very slightly with vanilla, rind and juice and sugar to a soft consistency.
- Spoon evenly over the jelly and chill.
- Roughly chop ½ jelly and scatter round edge of topping.
- Sprinkle centre with chocolate; serve.