- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1½ tablespoons flour
- 1¼ teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon ground mustard
- ¼ cup cider vinegar
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons cream
- 6 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 large shredded carrot
- 1 celery, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- ½ green bell pepper, finely chopped
- ¼ cup minced parsley
- 1½ teaspoons celery seeds
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- ½ teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- In small saucepan, beat the eggs, add the sugar, flour, salt and mustard.
- Combine the vinegar and the water and beat into the egg mixture.
- Then add the butter or oil.
- Cook over low heat, stirring about 5 – 8 minutes.
- When very thick, remove from heat and beat in cream or milk.
- Combine all of the coleslaw ingredients.
- Add the cooled dressing and toss lightly to coat with the dressing.