Servings = 6 | Serving size =about a cup This recipe can be multiplied by 2. You can multiply this recipe, but you'll have a lot of Cole Slaw. Keeps abut 24 hours in the refrigerator.
- 1/4 tsp celery seed
- 1 Tbsp all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- 1 1/2 tsp granulated sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 small head white cabbage (sliced thin)
- Place celery seed, flour, dry mustard, granulated sugar, egg yolk,
cayenne pepper, salt and milk in a blender.
- Blend on low while slowly adding the vinegar.
- Transfer contents of blender to a sauce pan and heat over high heat
whisking continuously. As the sauce heats check the temperature with a thermometer. When it reaches 140�F it will begin to thicken. Remove from the heat at 150� and continue whisk for about a minute while it cools.
- Chill sauce in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours.
- Add chilled sauce to the sliced cabbage. Stir until the cabbage is
- Chill for another hour.
Nutrition Facts Serving size: about a cup | Servings 6 Calories 51 | Calories from Fat 6
Amount Per Serving (% Daily Value) Total Fat 1g (1%) | Saturated Fat 0g (1%) Monounsaturated Fat 0g | Trans Fat 0g Cholesterol 2 mg (1 %) | Sodium 131 mg (5 %) Total Carbohydrates 10g (3%) | Sugars 6g Dietary Fiber 3g (11%) | Protein 3g
Vitamin A 4% | Vitamin C 64 % | Calcium 9% | Iron 5% Vitamin K 72 mcg | Potassium 335 mg | Magnesium 23 mg