Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Stewart Estate in Quinlan, Texas in 1994.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- ¾ cup white onion chopped
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup flour
- 4 cups half and half
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 2 cups frozen chopped broccoli thawed
- 1½ cups cooked brown rice
- ½ teaspoon dried rosemary
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Sauté mushrooms in butter until tender then add flour and stir until smooth.
- Cook 1 minute stirring constantly.
- Gradually add half and half and chicken broth then cook over medium heat stirring constantly until thick and bubbly then stir in remaining ingredients.
- Cover and simmer 10 minutes stirring occasionally.