Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chicken breast, shredded into bite-sized pieces
- 4 cups torn fresh spinach leaves or 1 10-oz. package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 8-oz. carton of nonfat sour cream
- 1/4 cup plain, nonfat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup 1% milk
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- 6 flour tortillas, 6-8 inches in diameter
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a medium sized saucepan, cook fresh spinach with a small amount of water, covered, for 5 minutes on medium-high heat. If using frozen spinach, do not cook it. Drain well.
- In a large bowl, combine cooked chicken, spinach and green onions. Mix well and set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine sour cream, yogurt, flour, cumin and salt. Add milk and jalapeño pepper and mix well.
- Pour half the sauce into the chicken and spinach mixture and mix well.
- Divide the filling among the tortillas. Fold opposite ends of a tortilla up about 1 inch over filling then fold the left and right sides over the folded end, overlapping.
- Place filled tortillas, seam sides down on an ungreased rectangular baking dish.
- Spoon remaining sauce over the tortillas and bake, uncovered, in a 350 degree oven for about 20 minutes or until heated through.
- Sprinkle with cheddar cheese and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Top with salsa and chopped green onions as desired and serve.
- Creamy Chicken Enchiladas from the Public Health Cookbook by the Seattle & King County Department of Public Health—original source of recipe, public domain government resource