Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Hakes Estate in Dallas, Texas in 1988.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 10 white turnips peeled and sliced
- 8 ounce package cream cheese softened
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ cup butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- buttered bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large pot cook turnips in boiling salted water for 20 minutes then drain and mash.
- Beat in the softened cream cheese, sugar and butter.
- Season with salt and pepper and mix well.
- Pour into greased casserole and top with bread crumbs.
- Bake for 20 minutes.