This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Cashion Estate in Terrell, Texas in 1996.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- ½ head cabbage coarsely chopped
- 3 large leeks sliced
- 1 large garlic clove minced
- 2 tablespoons sherry or dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons butter extra
- 1 cup milk
- ¼ teaspoon mace or nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- Put cabbage and leeks in crock pot.
- Add minced garlic, sherry and water.
- Dot with 1 tablespoon butter then cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Melt remaining butter in saucepan and add flour.
- Stir until smooth and bubbling.
- Add cream or milk and cook over low heat until thickened.
- Add mace, salt and pepper.
- Mix into the cabbage and leek mixture.