Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Cashion Estate in Terrell, Texas in 1996.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- ½ head cabbage coarsely chopped
- 3 large leeks sliced
- 1 large garlic clove minced
- 2 tablespoons sherry or dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons butter extra
- 1 cup milk
- ¼ teaspoon mace or nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- Put cabbage and leeks in crock pot.
- Add minced garlic, sherry and water.
- Dot with 1 tablespoon butter then cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Melt remaining butter in saucepan and add flour.
- Stir until smooth and bubbling.
- Add cream or milk and cook over low heat until thickened.
- Add mace, salt and pepper.
- Mix into the cabbage and leek mixture.