Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Makes 8 servings
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 3 cups milk
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 x 17-ounce can apricots, sliced (drain; reserve juice)
- 2 tablespoons unflavored gelatin
- ¼ cup apricot juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream
- Combine rice, milk, sugar and salt.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Soften gelatin in apricot juice.
- Add to rice mixture and stir until gelatin dissolves.
- Stir in apricots, lemon juice and vanilla.
- Cool until thickened but not set.
- Fold in sour cream.
- Spoon into lightly oiled 1½-quart mold.
- Chill until firm.
- Unmold onto plate.
- Garnish with additional apricots and maraschino cherries.