Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This nut-based, eggless hollandaise-style sauce is a sublime substitute for mayonnaise. Slather it on a veggie burger or any favorite sandwich. Makes 2 cups
- ½ cup blanched almonds (3 oz)
- ½ cup soy milk
- ½ medium clove garlic, minced or ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp nutritional yeast
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 to 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- ½ tsp cider vinegar
- In food processor or blender, process almonds just until minced. Add soy milk and process until paste forms. Add garlic and yeast.
- With motor running, slowly add oil in thin stream until blended, then add lemon juice and vinegar. Season with salt to taste.
- With rubber spatula, scrape mixture into small bowl. Cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes before serving. The almondaise will thicken.