This nut-based, eggless hollandaise-style sauce is a sublime substitute for mayonnaise. Slather it on a veggie burger or any favorite sandwich. Makes 2 cups
- ½ cup blanched almonds (3 oz)
- ½ cup soy milk
- ½ medium clove garlic, minced or ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp nutritional yeast
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 to 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- ½ tsp cider vinegar
- In food processor or blender, process almonds just until minced. Add soy milk and process until paste forms. Add garlic and yeast.
- With motor running, slowly add oil in thin stream until blended, then add lemon juice and vinegar. Season with salt to taste.
- With rubber spatula, scrape mixture into small bowl. Cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes before serving. The almondaise will thicken.