Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Mclean Estate in Irving, Texas in 1982.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons minced onion
- 3 tablespoons green pepper
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup chopped Virginia country ham
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley or chives
- ⅛ teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- In a skillet melt butter over medium heat and sauté the onion and green pepper until light brown then sprinkle in the flour and stir a few minutes.
- Add milk slowly stirring constantly then add the ham and simmer stirring until thickened.
- Remove the pan from the heat and season with the remaining ingredients.
- Serve over hot buttered toast or corn bread.