This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Mclean Estate in Irving, Texas in 1982.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons minced onion
- 3 tablespoons green pepper
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup chopped Virginia country ham
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley or chives
- ⅛ teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- In a skillet melt butter over medium heat and sauté the onion and green pepper until light brown then sprinkle in the flour and stir a few minutes.
- Add milk slowly stirring constantly then add the ham and simmer stirring until thickened.
- Remove the pan from the heat and season with the remaining ingredients.
- Serve over hot buttered toast or corn bread.