Makes 4 servings.
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 3 medium carrots, cut into julienned strips
- 1 small onion, chopped
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 x 16-ounce package frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ cup half and half
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- ¼ cup chopped fresh chives for garnish
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add chicken; cook 8 to 10 minutes or until chicken is brown, turning occasionally. Spoon off all but 1 tablespoon fat.
- Add carrots and onion; cook 3 to 4 minutes or until onion and carrots are crisp-tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add broth, corn, dill, salt and pepper; cook 4 to 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring occasionally.
- Add half and half; simmer on medium-low heat 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat; serve over hot rice.
- Sprinkle with chives.