Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 22shed well
- 480ml/16fl.oz. water
- 1.5L/50fl.oz. milk
- 2 cinnamon Sticks
- 450g/1lb Sugar
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- A long strip of lemon peel
- Ground cinnamon to serve
- Place the rice in a large saucepan together with the water bring to the boil then boil rapidly for 7-10 minutes
- Add the milk, cinnamon sticks and the lemon peel, bring to the boil
- Remove the cinnamon sticks and lemon peel, add the Sugar, mix well and cook for another 30 minutes.
- Add the salt and cook for 1 or 2 more minutes.
- Remove from the heat, transfer to a deep serving bowl, sprinkle with ground cinnamon and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Cover with clingfilm and chill in the refrigerator.