Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
A River of Recipes: Native American Recipes Using Commodity Foods by the USDA Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- Serves: 12
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- ¼ cup butter or margarine
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 quarts chicken broth
- 2 cups smooth peanut butter
- 1¾ cup evaporated milk
- ½ cup chopped peanuts
- Cook onion and celery in butter or margarine until tender but not brown.
- Stir in flour until well blended. Add chicken broth, stirring constantly and bring to boil.
- Remove from heat. Add peanut butter and evaporated milk, stirring until blended thoroughly.
- Return to heat but do not boil.
- Serve with peanuts sprinkled over top of soup. Good hot or cold.