Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: my old recipes
- Serves 10
- 2 pkg. frozen small white onions (16 oz each)
- 1 cup water
- 3 pkg. white sauce mix (1 oz each)
- 2 cups half and half
- dash ground white pepper
- pinch ground nutmeg
- Cook onions in water as pkg. directs.
- Reserve cooking liquid.
- In medium pan, mix onion liquid, white sauce mix, half and half, pepper and nutmeg.
- Stir over medium heat until sauce boils and thickens.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in onions.
- Sere or pour into a 2 quart casserole, cover and refrigerate overnight.
- To serve, heat oven to 375 °F.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes until bubbly and top is browned.