Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Butler Estate in Greenville, Texas in 1987. I do not like okra which is strange for a Texas gal but I make this for my neighbor who can't get enough okra. This came from my Aunt Lois' collection. Dated 1962.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- ¼ cup butter
- 1½ cups uncooked corn
- 2 cups okra cut in ½ inch slices
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Heat butter in skillet.
- Add corn and cook over low heat until brown.
- Stir in okra and cover then cook over very low heat 15 minutes.
- Add salt, pepper and cream.
- Cook slowly stirring constantly until heated.