This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Butler Estate in Greenville, Texas in 1987. I do not like okra which is strange for a Texas gal but I make this for my neighbor who can't get enough okra. This came from my Aunt Lois' collection. Dated 1962.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- ¼ cup butter
- 1½ cups uncooked corn
- 2 cups okra cut in ½ inch slices
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Heat butter in skillet.
- Add corn and cook over low heat until brown.
- Stir in okra and cover then cook over very low heat 15 minutes.
- Add salt, pepper and cream.
- Cook slowly stirring constantly until heated.