Good little side dish, especially if your kids (or even you) don't normally care for Peas, and want a way to eat them.
- 1 lb fresh green peas
- 1/2 cup salt water
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 teaspoon Sugar
- salt and pepper
- 1 dash nutmeg
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced parsley
- Boil water in a medium sauce pan, and add Peas, allowing to cook about 5 minutes Drain Peas, and saute with butter and Sugar until Peas are good and tender (about 10 minutes).
- In a small mixing bowl, mix cream together with flour until smooth.
- Add to Peas along with salt, pepper, nutmeg, and parsley.
- Allow this all to simmer about 5 minutes before serving.