Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Fresh, citrusy and light, this creamed spinach pairs perfectly with lighter fare or cool weather entrées.
- 12 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup plain gluten-free soymilk, unsweetened
- 2 teaspoons orange zest, finely grated
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest, finely grated
- 2 teaspoons vegan margarine
- ½ cup yellow onion, minced
- pinch of nutmeg
- sea salt, to taste
- 4 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- Steam spinach with a few tablespoons of water until just wilted.
- Squeeze out excess water and coarsely chop.
- Place soymilk, orange zest and lemon zest in a small saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Simmer, stirring frequently, until reduced by half.
- Heat margarine over medium heat in sauté pan and add onion.
- Cook until onion is translucent.
- Add spinach and cook until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Add reduced soymilk to spinach and cook until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Season with a pinch of nutmeg and sea salt to taste.
- Garnish with sliced almonds.
Nutritional information Edit
Per serving (4 oz / 114 g-wt.):
- 80 calories (35 from fat) | 4g total fat | 0.5g saturated fat | 4g protein | 10g total carbohydrate (4g dietary fiber, 1g sugar) | 0mg cholesterol | 210mg sodium