Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
In Romanian: Gris cu fructe in forma de sarlota
- 25 oz / 750 g water
- 1 lb / 500 g fruit (sour cherries or raspberries, strawberries, wild strawberries, gooseberries)
- 3 – 4 tablespoons sugar
- 5 oz / 150 g cream of wheat
- Boil the fruits.
- After coming to a few boils, remove from heat, let cool, then sift fruits and liquid.
- Boil, adding sugar, vanilla and cream of wheat, adding this last a little at a time, like a rain, stirring continuously until it thickens like a cream.
- Remove from heat and beat until foamy.
- Then pour into a charlotte or pudding mold which was previously moistened with cold water.
- Refrigerate for 2 – 3 hours.
- Before serving, turn onto a plate and garnish with some raw fruit.