In Romanian: Tort de gris
- 6 level tablspoons cream of wheat
- 7 oz / 210 g confectioner's sugar
- 6 eggs
- 4 oz / 110 g walnuts
- 1 lemon
- 20 lumps sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 4 tablespoons marmalade
- Cream the sugar with the yolks, add the grated lemon peel, finely ground walnuts, then, gradually, the cream of wheat, alternating with the whipped egg whites.
- Butter the cake pan, pour the mixture in and bake at low heat.
- When done, halve crosswise and pour a little syrup (boiled water with sugar) on it.
- Fill with marmelade and glaze with the following icing:
- Cover 20 lumps of sugar with water and let boil as for sherbets.
- Mix the warm syrup, adding the lemon juice and 1 tablespoon milk.
- When it turns white, spread on the cake with a moistened knife.