Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
In Romanian: Tort de gris
- 6 level tablspoons cream of wheat
- 7 oz / 210 g confectioner's sugar
- 6 eggs
- 4 oz / 110 g walnuts
- 1 lemon
- 20 lumps sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 4 tablespoons marmalade
- Cream the sugar with the yolks, add the grated lemon peel, finely ground walnuts, then, gradually, the cream of wheat, alternating with the whipped egg whites.
- Butter the cake pan, pour the mixture in and bake at low heat.
- When done, halve crosswise and pour a little syrup (boiled water with sugar) on it.
- Fill with marmelade and glaze with the following icing:
- Cover 20 lumps of sugar with water and let boil as for sherbets.
- Mix the warm syrup, adding the lemon juice and 1 tablespoon milk.
- When it turns white, spread on the cake with a moistened knife.