Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.
- 2 x 14½-ounce cans chicken broth
- ½ cup (½ stick) butter
- 1 medium onion, diced
- ½ cup diced celery
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- 1½ cups crushed unsalted tortilla chips
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
- ¼ cup whipping cream
- 1 cup grated Monterey jack cheese (about 4 ounces)
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese (about 4 ounces)
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- crushed unsalted tortilla chips
- Bring chicken broth to boil in small saucepan over medium heat.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in heavy medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion, celery and garlic and saute until onion is translucent, about 4 minutes.
- Reserve 1 tablespoon chopped tomato and 2 tablespoon chives for garnish.
- Add remaining tomato, chives and 1½ cups tortilla chips to saucepan and saute 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon flour over and stir mixture for 2 minutes.
- Stir chicken broth into tortilla mixture.
- Cover and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat.
- Stir in whipping cream.
- Add grated jack and cheddar cheese and stir mixture until cheese is melted and well blended.
- Add chili powder and cumin.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper (Can be prepared 1 day ahead, Cover tightly and refrigerate. Rewarm soup over low heat, stirring frequently).
- Ladle into bowls.
- Sprinkle each with some of reserved tomato and chives and crushed tortilla chips and serve.