- Cut pumpkin into pieces. Clean shrimp.
- Put eschallot, celery and thyme tied together, into water or stock and bring to the boil.
- Add pumpkin, salt and pepper to taste.
- Reduce heat and leave to simmer.
- Make white sauce using margarine, flour and milk.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Remove stock from heat.
- Remove eschallot etc., and pass all other ingredients through a sieve.
- Add stock to white sauce.
- Correct the flavor and consistency, adding more milk if too thick.
- Serve hot with croutons.