Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- Yield: 6 Servings
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 small onions; diced
- 2 lb mushrooms; sliced
- 1 tbsp quick-mixing flour; e.g. Wondra
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 cup beef stock
- 2 cups half-and-half
- ½ cup dry vermouth
- 12 dash bitters
- Melt butter with oil in large pot over medium heat.
- Add onions and mushrooms.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle flour, salt and pepper over onions and mushrooms; stir well.
- Cook 1 minute.
- Slowly add stock, stirring until smooth.
- Add half-and-half, vermouth and bitters.
- Reduce to low heat; simmer gently 10 minutes.
- Adjust seasoning and serve hot.