Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- Yield: 6 Servings
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 small onions; diced
- 2 lb mushrooms; sliced
- 1 tbsp quick-mixing flour; e.g. Wondra
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 cup beef stock
- 2 cups half-and-half
- ½ cup dry vermouth
- 12 dash bitters
- Melt butter with oil in large pot over medium heat.
- Add onions and mushrooms.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle flour, salt and pepper over onions and mushrooms; stir well.
- Cook 1 minute.
- Slowly add stock, stirring until smooth.
- Add half-and-half, vermouth and bitters.
- Reduce to low heat; simmer gently 10 minutes.
- Adjust seasoning and serve hot.