It is common soup served everywhere throughout the country.
- 115 g green lentils
- 500 g water
- 80 g onions
- 40 g butter or margarine
- 12 g all purpose flour
- 25 g rice
- 12 g salt
- 1 egg
- 200 g milk
- 1 g red pepper
- 40 g bread
- Soak green lentils overnight with a cup of water.
- Add 1 cup of water and cook over low heat for 20–25 minutes or until tender. Set aside.
- Sauté chopped onion in melted margarine for 2–3 minutes, stirring occacionally.
- Stir in flour bending well.
- Add water, green lentils and rice, stir. Simmer for 35–40 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Place into a food processor container. Process until well blended and creamy.
- Season with salt. Bring to boil and simmer for a minute.
- Combine slightly beaten egg and milk mixing well.
- Blend in soup stirring constantly. Boil gently for 1 minute.
- Sprinkle with red pepper.
- Top with toasted bread cubes.
- Serve hot.