Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This sounds easy and wonderful. I have not tried it yet, but I will keep my eyes open for some Endive next time I go to the market.
- 2 heads Belgian endive, cored
- 1 white onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup milk or cream
- salt and pepper, to taste
- chopped chives
- dill sprigs (to garnish)
- Mince the endives, reserving a few small leaves for garnish.
- Saute the onion, garlic, and endives in the butter for 3 minutes.
- Add the potatoes and chicken broth, bring to a boil then turn down the heat and simmer for about 15 minutes, or until the potatoes are soft.
- Place the mixture into a blender container or use an immersion blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Add the milk, salt, and pepper and blend some more.
- Serve hot or cold and garnish with chopped endive leaves, chives, and dill.