- Pick over and wash the peas and pre-soak in tepid water the preceding night.
- Then drain this water and set to boil in fresh tepid water.
- Add the onion, carrot, bay leaf, and parsley root.
- Let it boil, covered, at low temperature.
- When the peas are tender, remove the carrot and parsley root, the bay leaf, strain, then sieve the peas with the onion.
- Thin it, with a little of the strained liquid.
- Set the soup to boil again, with a tablespoon of butter or oil, sugar and salt.
- After coming to a boil, add the chopped dill.
- Serve with croutons.
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.