Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
In Romanian: Supa de mazare uscata (crema)
- 3 qts / 3 l water
- ½ lb / 250 g dried peas
- 1 parsley root
- 1 carrot
- 1 onion
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter or oil
- 1 teaspoon chopped dill
- cubed toasted bread
- Pick over and wash the peas and pre-soak in tepid water the preceding night.
- Then drain this water and set to boil in fresh tepid water.
- The last time, add, in addition to the peas, the onion, carrot, and parsley root.
- Let boil, covered, at low temperature.
- When the peas are tender, remove the carrot and parsley root, strain, then sieve the peas with the onion.
- Thin with a little of the strained liquid.
- Set the soup to boil again, with a tablespoon of butter or oil and salt.
- After coming to a boil, add the chopped parsley.
- Serve with croutons.