Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Serves 6 – 8
- 10 carrots, scrubbed, lightly peeled and sliced
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- pinch dill weed or minced fresh dill
- ⅛ tsp each dried oregano and thyme
- tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- ground black pepper
- ½ cup cream
- fresh parsley for garnish
- In a large Dutch oven, heat the butter or margarine, add the onions and the garlic, sauté until light golden.
- Add the broth.
- Add the carrots, dill, oregano, thyme, parsley, and salt and pepper to season.
- Bring all to a boil.
- Lower the heat, and simmer until carrots are done.
- Mix cornstarch with small amount of cold water to dissolve.
- Add the diluted cornstarch to the soup and stir well.
- Add the cream and let simmer another 15 minutes, but do not let the soup boil.
- Serve in bowls and garnish with fresh parsley.