Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 12 oz shallots, diced
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3¾ cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1½ tsp grated lemon zest
- 6 ripe California avocados (3 pounds)
- ¾ cup half and half
- 2 tsp salt
- ½ tsp white pepper
- ½ tsp lemon juice
- avocado slices for garnish
- Sauté shallot in oil until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in stock and lemon zest; simmer 10 minutes.
- Cut avocados in chunks; stir into stock. Purée.
- Return to pan; stir in half and half.
- Heat soup until hot; do not boil.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat; stir in lemon juice.
- Serve immediately, garnished with avocado slices.