Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Copyright, 2006, Robin Miller, All rights reserved
- 1 French baguette, cut crosswise into ½-inch thick slices
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup chopped celery
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 carrot, peeled and chopped
- 2 cups steamed broccoli
- 3 cups reduced-sodium vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 (12-ounce) can evaporated milk
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ⅓ cup roasted garlic cloves
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Arrange bread slices on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 6 minutes, until toasted.
- Meanwhile, in a large stock pot, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add onion, celery, garlic, carrot, and broccoli.
- Pour broth over vegetables and increase the heat to high.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium and simmer 5 minutes.
- Using an immersion blender, purée until smooth or you can use a blender.
- Add milk and simmer 1 minute to heat through.
- Purée again.
- Season, to taste, with salt and pepper.
- Using a fork, mash garlic cloves with a pinch each of salt and black pepper, making a thick paste.
- Spread mixture on toasted bread and serve with soup.