This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Bowers Estate in Fort Worth, Texas in 1994.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2 bunches broccoli stalks removed
- 2 parsnips chopped
- 2 carrots chopped
- 1 large white onion diced
- ¾ pound of mushrooms diced
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups white wine
- 1 pint whipping cream
- 1 pint plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 2 tablespoons nutmeg
- 1½ tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 ounces freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- Put vegetables in large pot and cover with wine and water.
- Bring to a boil slowly and let simmer until vegetables are soft.
- Puree with a hand blender then add remaining ingredients stirring constantly to combine.
- Let simmer for a few minutes before eating.