Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Purchased from the McDonald Estate in Wylie, Texas in 1990. Dated 1944. Notation on card indicates this is a family favorite Sunday dinner opener. I made this and thought it was “good”, not “great” but I’m not big on asparagus so might not be the best person to judge it. My sister and sister-in-laws love it.
- 1 pound fresh asparagus
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 egg yolks
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
- Cut asparagus in small pieces.
- Put in heavy pot and cover with cold water.
- Bring water to a boil and simmer for fifteen minutes.
- Add chicken broth.
- Mix flour with butter until smooth.
- Add to soup.
- Bring to a boil.
- Pour mixture into a blender and mix until smooth.
- Return soup to pot.
- Mix egg yolks with the cream and add to the soup.