This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Sanderson Estate in Bonham, Texas in 1984. Notation on card indicates this came from a 1961 Cookbook entitled Recipes from the Old South. After seeing all of these recipes from this Estate, I went out and purchased this cookbook and it is loaded with really good classics. This is tried and true and very good.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2 slices bacon cooked crisp
- 3 ounce package cream cheese softened
- 1½ tablespoons chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- Crumble bacon finely.
- Add chili sauce to softened cream cheese.
- Add butter, bacon, salt and Tabasco and blend well.