- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 egg
- 2 loaves white bread
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- Beat together cream cheese, 1/2 cup Sugar, almond extract, and egg.
- Trim crusts off bread and flatten each piece with a rolling pin.
- Keep bread slices under a damp paper towel so they do not dry out.
- Spread cream cheese mixture on bread slices and roll up like a jelly-roll.
- Dip each roll in melted butter and roll in remaining Sugar.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes.