Similar to the classic guacamole, this glorious Mexican dip is made and packed with real vegetables, cream cheese, and lemon juice and is great with corn, potato, or tortilla chips to help maintain its stone-cold consistency. Serve up a creamy treat with other appetizers so when you get up and go, all you have to do is make this guacamole tastier with cheese and other spices.
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 genuine California avocados, peeled and mashed
- ¼ cup finely chopped onion, red or white only
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. garlic salt
- ¼ tsp. Tabasco sauce or (3-5 tablespoons chili powder)
- 1 cup diced peeled tomato
- Combine softened cream cheese, avocado, onion, and seasonings; mix well. Mix with 1 cup of tomatoes.
- Serve with corn chips or crisp tortillas. Reserve the homemade guacamole in the refrigerator but cover this with the aluminium foil.