This rich frosting has divine secrets: cream cheese, butter, vanilla, and powdered sugar. But you can use the homemade frosting on any dessert, while it also keeps a stone-cold, sugary aroma with the vanilla content.
- 1 cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup butter or (½ stick Parkay margarine, softened)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- Beat cream cheese, margarine, and vanilla until fluffy.
- Add the sifted powdered sugar ½-cup at a time until all is used.
- If frosting becomes too stiff, thin with a few drops of water. Reserve the cream cheese frosting in the refrigerator but spoon or scoop this into a fresh container.
Nutritional Information Edit
Servings: 5 cups or 3-6 tablespoons