Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Makes 6 servings.
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- ⅓ cup raisins
- ¼ teaspoon ground thyme
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, divided
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- ½ cup chopped carrots
- ½ cup chopped green bell pepper
- ½ cup finely chopped Onion
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tart red Apple, cored and chopped
- Combine rice, thyme, black pepper, raisins, broth, and 1 tablespoon butter in shallow 2-quart casserole. Cover and bake at 350 °F for 25 to 30 minutes, or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- Meanwhile, cook mushrooms, carrots, green pepper, onion and salt in remaining 1 tablespoon butter until tender crisp.
- Remove rice from oven; add vegetables and apple. Cover and let stand 5 minutes before serving.