Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Makes about 6 dozen puffs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¾ cup milk
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1½ pounds (3¼ cups) peeled, cooked crawfish tails, coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup minced green pepper
- 1 teaspoonhot pepper sauce
- vegetable oil for deep-fat frying
- cocktail sauce or tartar sauce (optional)
- Sift flour, baking powder, salt, black pepper and onion powder into large bowl.
- Blend milk, egg yolks and oil in small bowl.
- Add to dry ingredients and stir just until blended.
- Stir in rice, crawfish, green pepper and pepper sauce.
- Beat egg whites in small bowl until stiff but not dry; fold into batter.
- Drop batter by teaspoonfuls into deep, hot oil.
- Fry until golden and puffy, 3 to 4 minutes; turn and cook on other side.