Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Seafood Recipes by the South Carolina Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- Serves: 4 – 6
- 4 to 6 lb live crawfish
- ¾ cup margarine or butter
- 1 lb frozen, peeled, and cooked crawfish tails
- 1 (16 oz) can tomatoes cut up
- 2 Tbsp snipped parsley
- 1 cup chopped onion
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ cup chopped green pepper
- ¼ to ½ tsp ground red pepper
- ½ cup chopped celery
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- Hot cooked rice
- If using frozen crawfish tails, thaw and drain.
- In skillet, cook onion, green pepper, celery and garlic in hot margarine or butter about 3 minutes or until tender.
- Add undrained tomatoes, parsley, paprika, red pepper and bay leaf.
- Bring to boil; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, about 20 minutes or until mixture is of the consistency of tomato sauce.
- Add crawfish meat. Cook and stir until heated through.
- Remove bay leaf. Serve over hot cooked rice.