Seafood Recipes by the South Carolina Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- Serves: 4 – 6
- 4 to 6 lb live crawfish
- ¾ cup margarine or butter
- 1 lb frozen, peeled, and cooked crawfish tails
- 1 (16 oz) can tomatoes cut up
- 2 Tbsp snipped parsley
- 1 cup chopped onion
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ cup chopped green pepper
- ¼ to ½ tsp ground red pepper
- ½ cup chopped celery
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- Hot cooked rice
- If using frozen crawfish tails, thaw and drain.
- In skillet, cook onion, green pepper, celery and garlic in hot margarine or butter about 3 minutes or until tender.
- Add undrained tomatoes, parsley, paprika, red pepper and bay leaf.
- Bring to boil; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, about 20 minutes or until mixture is of the consistency of tomato sauce.
- Add crawfish meat. Cook and stir until heated through.
- Remove bay leaf. Serve over hot cooked rice.