Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 2 quarts vegetable oil, for deep-frying
- 2 eggs
- 6 ounces crawfish tail meat
- 1 tablespoon Creole seasoning (plus extra for sprinkling)
- 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- ¼ cup green bell peppers, finely-chopped
- ¼ cup green onions, finely-chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1½ cups flour, sifted (plus extra for rolling)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup milk
- Creole Tartar Sauce
- In a deep-fryer heat oil over medium-high heat to 365°F.
- In a large bowl whisk eggs until frothy.
- Sprinkle crawfish tails with 1 tablespoon of seasoning and add to eggs.
- Stir in bell peppers, green onions, garlic, salt, flour, baking powder and milk; consistency will be wet.
- Using a large metal tablespoon, drop beignet mixture into oil and fry about 3 minutes or until crispy and golden brown.
- Do this in 2 batches.
- Using a slotted spoon remove beignets and drain thoroughly on paper towels.
- Sprinkle remaining 1 teaspoon seasoning over beignets.
- To serve, spoon sauce onto 4 dinner plates and place 5 to 6 beignets on top of each.
- Sprinkle rims of plates with extra seasoning.