Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Cranberrry Spiced Cider from the Public Health Cookbook by the Seattle & King County Department of Public Health—original source of recipe, public domain government resource
- Serves: 8
- 4 whole cloves
- 4 whole allspice
- 1 cinnamon stick, broken in half
- 2 star anise
- 5 cups apple cider (non-alcoholic)
- 3 cups cranberry juice
- ¼ cup brown sugar, packed
- 3-4 orange slices
- Place cloves, allspice, cinnamon sticks and star anise in a cheesecloth square and tie ends together.
- In a large saucepan, combine spice bag, apple cider, cranberry juice, brown sugar and orange slices.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer, covered for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and let stand for 30 minutes.
- Discard spice bag and orange slices then pour into mugs.