Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- From Southern Living
- Makes 8 servings.
- 8 Granny Smith or other variety green apples
- lemon juice
- 4 cups fresh cranberries, finely ground
- ¾ cup orange juice
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Cut a 1½ inch slice in a scallop pattern from top of each apple; reserve apple tops.
- Hollow each apple to within 1 inch from bottom, leaving a ½ inch shell.
- Spinkle insides of apples with lemon juice.
- Freeze apples overnight.
- Combine fresh cranberries and orange juice, mixing well.
- Set aside.
- Combine 1 cup water and sugar in a heavy saucepan, bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer 5 minutes.
- Stir in cranberry mixture and 2 tablespoons lemon juice.
- Simmer uncovered, an additional 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Skim off foam, and cool.
- Pour cranberry mixture into freezer can of a 2-quart freezer.
- Freeze according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Mound sorbet into frozen apple shells; place apple tops on side of mound.
- Store in freezer until serving time.