Makes 6 servings
- 1 cup uncooked medium-grain rice
- 1½ cups water
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon orange peel, divided
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 cups milk
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- Combine rice, water, 1 tablespoon orange peel and salt in 2-quart saucepan.
- Heat to boiling; stir once or twice.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Remove cover.
- Increase heat to medium-high; add milk, sugar and cranberries and bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; cook until thick and creamy, 25 to 30 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Garnish with remaining orange peel.