Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 2 1/2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup short-grain brown rice
- 1 Tbs. fresh lemon juice
- 1 medium-sized Granny Smith apple, peeled and diced
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup sliced scallions
- 1 stalk celery, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 3 Tbs. chopped Italian parsley
1. Heat stock in saucepan over medium heat until boiling. Stir in rice, and bring to second boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and cook for 40 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Heat oil in medium-sized saucepan over medium-high heat for 1 minute. Add garlic, scallions and celery, and sauté for 3 minutes. Add cooked rice, diced Apple, cranberries and parsley. Mix thoroughly, reduce heat to low and cook 8 minutes.