Makes 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1 x 14½-ounce can chicken broth
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup chopped pecans, toasted
- ¼ cup sliced green onions
- salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- Melt butter in 2-quart saucepan over medium heat. Add rice; cook and stir 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add broth and heat to boiling; stir once or twice. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from heat. Stir in cheese, cranberries, pecans and onions.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.