This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Roark Estate in Grand Prairie, Texas in 1984.
- 2½ cups baking mix
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoon grated orange peel
- ¾ cup chopped fresh cranberries
- ½ cup chopped nuts
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a loaf pan well.
- Mix baking mix, sugar, flour, egg, milk and orange peel with spoon then beat vigorously for 30 seconds.
- Fold in berries and nuts the spread in prepared pan and bake for 1 hour.