- Makes about 5 half pints of conserve
- Mix the water with the brown sugar in a Dutch oven and heat to boiling.
- Boil for 1 minute.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients except the nuts and heat to boiling.
- Boil rapidly until the cranberries pop and mixture thickens, about 20 minutes.
- Stir in the nuts.
- Immediately pour into sterilized jars or glasses or freezer containers and cover tightly, letting them stand until they reach room temperature.
- Refrigerate or freeze no longer than 3 months.
- ↑ Use 2 packages (12 ozs each) of fresh cranberries. There should be 6 cups of cranberries.