Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
East meets West in this unique blend of cranberries with other fruits. Makes a nice change of pace from the traditional cranberry sauce at Thanksgiving. Great as a sandwich spread with cream cheese too :)
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 12 ounces cranberries, fresh or frozen
- ½ cup vinegar
- 1 cup raisins
- ½ cup peeled diced apples
- ¼ teaspoon allspice
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Bring water and sugar to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add remaining ingredients; return to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes or until apples are tender.
- Pour into a glass mixing bowl (acid foods can react with metal bowls).
- Place a piece of plastic wrap directly on chutney.
- Cool to room temperature; then refrigerate overnight, covered with plastic wrap, so flavors blend.
- Serve at room temperature.
- Use as an accompaniment to meats such as turkey or use as a sandwich spread with bagels plain or with a layer of cream cheese.