A breakfast's new alternative, the fresh, colorful casserole is made with real fruit and fruit juice, topped with oats and nuts, and baked to sharp and golden-brown perfection, as it is great for dessert and delivers a sour aroma that it relishes.
- 3 cups Granny Smith apples, peeled and chopped
- 2 cup raw cranberries
- 1 ½ tsp. lemon juice
- 1 ½ cup white sugar
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- In a shallow 2 qt. casserole, mix cranberries and chopped apples.
- In a small bowl, mix lemon juice and white sugar.
- Sprinkle this mixture over the cranberries and apples and mix together until just moistened.
- In another bowl, mix together all ingredients for topping and sprinkle over the top of the cranberry mixture.
- Bake at 325°F for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Serve hot and plain or with other desserts.