Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
From Bowers Estate in Fort Worth, Texas in 1994. Dated 1957.
- 2 cups bread flour
- 1-teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4-teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable shortening
- 3 tablespoons Sugar
- 1 packet dry yeast
- ¾ cup warm nonfat buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons warm water
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1 pound thinly sliced cooked Turkey breast
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in food processor.
- Pulse 2 times or until blended.
- Add shortening, and process for 10 seconds or until blended.
- Dissolve Sugar and yeast in warm buttermilk and water in a small bowl, let stand 5 minutes.
- With processor on, slowly add yeast mixture through food chute, process until dough leaves sides of bowl and forms a ball.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface, and knead in cranberries.
- Roll dough to 1/2-inch thickness, cut with a 2-inch biscuit cutter into 20 biscuits.
- Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
- Let rise, uncovered, in a warm place (85 degrees), free from drafts, 20 minutes or until puffy.
- Bake at 425 for 8 minutes.
- Split biscuits and fill each with 3/4-ounce Turkey.