From Bowers Estate in Fort Worth, Texas in 1994. Dated 1957.
- 2 cups bread flour
- 1-teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4-teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable shortening
- 3 tablespoons Sugar
- 1 packet dry yeast
- ¾ cup warm nonfat buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons warm water
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1 pound thinly sliced cooked Turkey breast
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in food processor.
- Pulse 2 times or until blended.
- Add shortening, and process for 10 seconds or until blended.
- Dissolve Sugar and yeast in warm buttermilk and water in a small bowl, let stand 5 minutes.
- With processor on, slowly add yeast mixture through food chute, process until dough leaves sides of bowl and forms a ball.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface, and knead in cranberries.
- Roll dough to 1/2-inch thickness, cut with a 2-inch biscuit cutter into 20 biscuits.
- Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
- Let rise, uncovered, in a warm place (85 degrees), free from drafts, 20 minutes or until puffy.
- Bake at 425 for 8 minutes.
- Split biscuits and fill each with 3/4-ounce Turkey.